Monday, April 12, 2010

Today, My Journey Begins

By nature, I have always been very disorganized. This is apparent in my home, in my classroom and in my life in general. I constantly misplace things, forget important dates, mis-prioritize, leave projects incomplete and live in a cluttered environment. I often focus on things that have little importance and allow the important to fall by the wayside. My kids spend too much time in front of the television and too little time involved in activities that will encourage spiritual and intellectual growth. When I step back and objectively examine the way that I have been living my life and failing to manage my home, there is only one explanation...sin.

Thankfully, today is a new day. I can put away the old and begin anew. Today, I can return my focus to the important things in life; my Lord, husband, children and home. It is not too late to teach my kids that their presence is vital to the survival of our family. Today, I can be an active example of a Godly wife and mother. I can strive to follow in the footsteps of the Proverbs 31 woman. Today, my journey begins!


No comments:

Post a Comment